Do you want your lashes to seem thicker and lusher, but you don’t want to deal with the trouble of applying makeup every day? Lash lift is here to save the day for you! However, what exactly is a lash lift?
A lash lift treatment is a method that mimics the look of an eye curler in a manner that is more semi-permanent and long-lasting than an eye curler would be on its own. To put it another way, a lash lift is a cosmetic procedure that makes your eyelashes seem more full and voluminous by curling them with the use of a chemical. Lash lifts are also known as semi-permanent all-natural eyelash perms by certain eyelash extension professionals.
HOW LONG DO LASH LIFTS TYPICALLY LAST?
To a large extent, your lash development cycle will determine the effectiveness of a lash treatment. Research and various customer reviews indicate that the effects of a lash lift last between six and eight weeks. The longevity of your lash lifts also depends on how well you take care of them, not on the growth cycle. You should schedule your visit at the very latest five weeks following your previous refill, say the most recent specialists.
WHO CAN HAVE A LASH LIFT?
Lash lift treatment is ideal for those who desire longer, fuller lashes but don’t want to deal with the hassle of applying mascara every day. If you desire longer, fuller eyelashes but are put off by the time and expense involved in applying and maintaining lash extensions, a lash lift may be the perfect answer for you. Thirdly, if your life is hectic, you probably don’t have time to spend hours each morning and evening doing cosmetics, a lash lift is also the optimal solution here.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE LASH LIFT TREATMENT
Considerations to make before your lash lift procedure are as follows:
- Discuss your medical history and allergies (if any) in detail with your technician;
- Discuss any upcoming or prior surgical procedures with your dermatologist;
- In-depth exploration of the beauty parlour and the specialist;
- Don’t forget to ask the professional’s opinion whether you’ve ever had lash extensions before;
- Remember to remove any makeup before visiting the salon;
- Make sure to take a skin test before any major procedures;
- Remove your contact lenses if you normally use them;
- Do not use any eyelash curlers or mascara on your lashes 24 hours before your lash lift treatment.
- At least 24 hours before getting a lash lift, you should stop wearing any makeup on your eyes or lashes. This includes waterproof mascara and eyeliner.
IS THE MAINTENANCE FOR LASH LIFT MINIMAL?
Yes, lash lifts need little maintenance. The key is to maintain them nourished and to choose the right cosmetics; for instance, waterproof mascara or an oil-free eyeliner may destroy the lash lift lotion, causing residues to adhere to them. Although your technician will go through the aftercare instructions with you, we’ve highlighted a few key areas to concentrate on.
- In the first 24 to 48 hours following treatment, you should keep your eyelashes dry at all costs;
- You shouldn’t take a lengthy, hot shower, sauna, or steam bath;
- Avoid getting makeup remover near your eyes, and particularly your lashes.
- Keep your head up off the pillow and sleep on your side or back instead;
- If your stylist recommends serums and conditioners, use them.
- Take it easy for the first day or two, and then go back to your normal dramatic self;
- Keep your eye makeup light;
- When using lash lifts, additional artificial lashes should not be applied.
- Don’t forget to give them a little brushing before bedtime.
- Apply gentle daily moisturiser;
- Keep your lifted, curled lashes looking fresh with a new mascara brush.
The idea is that you do not need to make major adjustments to your beauty regimen or give up on things that you really like to get the look you want when it comes to makeup.
CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE ADVANTAGES OF A LASH LIFT?
A lash lift procedure not only results in thick, curly, and more naturally appearing eyelashes, but also has a few other advantages.
- The process requires little effort and causes no discomfort;
- Minimal maintenance is needed after its use;
- It’s affordable
Lifting your lashes is a simple method for making your existing lashes seem longer and fuller. Although it’s not permanent, a lash lift may make you look and feel like a superstar with no effort. In addition, you won’t need to bother with any extra makeup steps.
Schedule your consultation for the lash lift today with one of our experts in Edgware.